Violet Class teaching staff have been busy finding and creating activities for you!
Click on the links below to explore and try some…
- Kay’s Hello song for lockdown
- Have a go at making this bird feeder to hang outside. All you need is a plastic drinks bottle, some bird food and an old pencil or felt tip pen.
- Circle of Love from Tess and Elena…
- An update on our seeds…our squash plants are growing nicely that we planted from seed. Trying to keep slugs & snails away!!
- These are our tomato seedlings. We simply put slices of cherry tomatoes into the soil & covered them. How magical!!
- We put a clove of garlic in the soil & now it is sprouting!
Have you managed to grow anything? Give it a go!!
- The children in Blue Class this week made a pirate card for their Daddies – thanks for the idea Kay!
- Father’s Day card idea: If you have some paints at home then this would be a fun card to make for Father’s Day. You could give it to your Dad, Grandad, Uncle or a favourite friend!
If you don’t have access to paints at home, what might you have in the kitchen that you could make handprints with? Beetroot would be fab! Or food colourings? Or something sticky and textured – like Weetabix – maybe mixed with something scented like cocoa or curry powder!! It would be great to see some of your creations so do send in photos if you have some! You could recycle packaging to make the pirate’s hat and maybe use foil for his eyes? Have fun!
- Maybe you could print the image below or just write inside your card 5 fun things you enjoy doing!
- Kay has a great recipe for fudge (yum!) which you could try making this week – maybe as a present for Father’s Day…
- 3 Minute Fudge recipe
- Tess says to have a watch and listen of this handwashing song
- Jimmy really enjoyed joining you for some music last week…get prepared for your next Zoom meeting by making yourself some instruments at home! Click here for some ideas.
- Katie from Purple is missing you all lots and has a sensory story with actions to share with you – can you join in with the telling of ‘Trashy Town’? …
- Below is a fun song in Makaton which you may enjoy – maybe turn it up loud and add some actions – wave arms, pat gently in time to the music etc
- Tess and Elena sing a new song for you called ‘Circle of Love’…
- Tess and Elena explore improvised storytelling…
- Songs we listen to at the end of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLphADfy4tw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAMtgyiUhIo
- Green fingers update
- Hope you’ve enjoyed opening your letters & seeing our photos, we ALL miss you VERY much.
- Food for thought folks; could you help us capture this ‘historical time’ for your children through their own personal story? Click here for a link…
- Paint flicking activity – you could try this at home if you have some paints! Please can you collect elastic bands if you have any and send some into school when we go back, so that we can try this in class together?
- Listen to the voice messages below…do the voices sound familiar? Do you know who they are?
- Kay sings ‘hello’ everyone in Violet Class, how are you?
- Listen to Kay reading ‘The Very Best Sheepdog’…have a look at the sensory prop list below to turn it into a sensory story at home!
- Sensory Props for Kay’s sheepdog story above…Fur fabric or soft toy dogCotton wool for sheep / lamb (Perhaps you could stick some cotton wool to make a sheep picture? You could press a switch if you have one to make the sheep ‘Baa’Water spray – for the rainstorm or other thunder sound toyCloud dough / body butter / cream to put fingers in for mud
- Last week I had fun making bread – here is another recipe for making dough which can be extra sensory if you add food items such as cocoa or herbs / spices. Cloud dough feels lovely to handle and is great for practicing those fine motor skills!
- SEN Switcher – once on the home page, click ‘Resources’ and the ‘Switch’, ‘Touch’, ‘Mouse’ or which ever method you want to use with your child
- Tessa sings ‘Good Morning Friends’ to Amadeusz, Archie, Brooke and Eliza!
- Tessa sings Good Morning Friends to Zach, Ezra, Shayden and Mudassir!
- Here is a hand washing song to make good use of the scented soap you made last week
- Click here to find out why it is so important to be washing our hands
- Follow this link to some ICT activities to try at home
- Rainbows have become a sign of hope & appreciation; maybe you could try one of these activities at home. Can you adapt to stimulate more senses; thinking about scents, textures or objects to add sound! Colour sensory bin
- Watch and listen to a musical story – Eric Carle’s Animal Parade!…
- Try making bread together at home – if you don’t have yeast, you can just play with and explore the dough!
- Here is a ‘Staying Home’ song from one of Violet Class team…can you guess who it is?
- Kay sings a Hello Song to Violet Class during ‘lockdown’!
- Try regrowing vegetables and herbs – you can give this a try even if you don’t have a garden. Take some photos of your developing produce and the Violet Class team will have a go too. Good Luck 10 Shop Bought Vegetables & Herbs You Can Regrow
- Lots of ideas for sensory development e.g. sensory boxes