Equality Statement and Objectives
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- To ensure that, during and upon completion of the school expansion, all pupils, regardless of their race, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, age, sexual orientation, religion and belief, will continue to be provided with the best quality of education and care.
- To ensure that all pupils, irrespective of their protected characteristic, make good or better progress. If this is not the case, ensure that appropriate interventions are put in place to enable individual pupils to make good or better progress.
- To promote the fundamental British values of Democracy, the Rule of Law, Individual Liberty and Mutual Respect, and Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
Approved: 12:03:19 – Education and Pupil Welfare committee,
Watergate governing body
Review frequency: Annual
Review date: 12:03:20
Objectives to be fully updated: 12:03:23